National Life Group recognizes employees for outstanding leadership
Addison, TX - (November 30, 2022) National Life Group (NLG) recognized seven employees at its annual Leadership Summit held Nov. 16.
NLG Chairman, CEO and President Mehran Assadi reflects weekly on what he calls the “7 Cs” of leadership – Comprehension, Competency, Confidence, Conviction, Courage, Communication and Character – and measures his own performance against those attributes. Since 2010, Assadi has annually recognized employees who emulate each of these traits.
The half-day summit includes workshops, dinner and an awards ceremony for several hundred employees at both the Montpelier, Vermont and Addison, Texas campuses.
Recipients this year are:
- Comprehension – Needed in order to effectively anticipate change and react decisively: CTO Varun Kumar, of Frisco, Texas
- Competency – Have a knowledge base in order to lead from comprehension: Head of Investment Risk Management Mark Davidson, of Stowe, Vermont
- Confidence – Through development of competency, develop confidence: Associate Vice President and Actuary Nicole Frey, of Essex Junction, Vermont /li>
- Conviction – Doing the right thing, not just making the right decision: Director of Life and Annuity Operations Senait Menghes, of Dallas, Texas/li>
- Courage – Taking personal risk to transform decisions into reality: Director of Business Architecture Brittany Winston, of Dallas, Texas
- Communication – To motivate people and make things happen through people; also affording the person the dignity by communicating in words they understand: Associate Vice President of Advanced Markets Matt Ryan, of Vernon, Connecticut
- Character – Develop a level of trust and a sense of ethics; not playing situation ethics; do the right thing; be worthy of the trust placed in you: Associate Vice President of Inforce Management Philip Partridge, of Barre, Vermont
“As a leader, if you are not holding yourself accountable, you cannot hold others accountable. Being a leader is a privilege, not a right,” Assadi said at the Leadership Summit. “Companies cannot stand still when it comes to business practices and culture, otherwise you will go backwards.”
Learn more here about National Life Group’s corporate philanthropy with programs that include a commitment to ending childhood hunger, children’s’ mental health, LifeChanger of the Year and other social responsibilities.
Scott Omelianuk, editor-in-chief of Inc., says, “Inc. magazine is dedicated to showcasing America’s most dynamic businesses and the great things they do. The Best in Business awards shine a light on those that have gone above and beyond their original mission to make a social, environmental or economic impact, benefiting those around them.”.
About National Life Group
National Life is here to bring you peace of mind. We’ve been keeping our promises since 1848. Believe in tomorrow, do good today. Learn more at NationalLife.com
Contact: Daphne Larkin, Corporate Communications, National Life Group, 802.229.3607
National Life Group® is a trade name of National Life Insurance Company, founded in Montpelier, VT, in 1848, Life Insurance Company of the Southwest, Addison, Texas, chartered in 1955, and their affiliates. Each company of National Life Group is solely responsible for its own financial condition and contractual obligations. Life Insurance Company of the Southwest is not an authorized insurer in New York and does not conduct insurance business in New York.