CULTURE AND VALUES
All companies have a culture, for better or worse. We think ours is better because it’s deeply rooted in our values of do good, be good and make good. It has been since 1848. Our culture is driven by our values, by our purpose.
Our mission is keeping our promises.
Our vision is to bring peace of mind to everyone we touch.
Our culture is something we take very seriously, because when a company has a purpose-driven culture, those who work there know why they do. That’s why we proudly call ourselves Do Gooders.
We even developed twelve Servant Leadership Tenets based on our mission, vision and values. These tenets act as guideposts to the work we do every day.
- We inspire others to do their best and be their best selves.
- We seize the opportunity to provide timely, constructive coaching when the situation arises.
- We demonstrate respect for others.
- We say what we mean.
- We empower others to make good decisions.
- We respectfully disagree with others without fear of consequences.
- We value an inclusive, diverse culture.
- We invite debate on business issues and encourage others to speak their minds.
- We hold each other accountable.
- We consistently deliver high quality service.
- We are committed to making National Life Group a better place to work.
- We model our servant leadership values.
Our culture has also inspired these noteworthy media outlets to share our story:
The Hidden Battle of the Sexes at Work | Wall Street Journal
This CEO Is Stunning a Sleepy Industry With Culture Change – and Surprising Results | Inc.
Meet Mehran Assaid of National Life Group in Addison | VoyageDallas
How The CEO of National Life Group Drives Continuous Improvement | Forbes
The Key to Attracting Younger Workers to the Insurance Industry | California Broker
Leadership Lessons: Respect, Value and Listen to All of Your Team | Business News Daily
Finding Inspiration In the Wake of Life's Storms | Insurancenewsnet
What's Your Father Worth? | The Washington Post
Mehran Assadi | SarderTV