CULTURE AND VALUES
All companies have a culture, for better or worse. We think ours is better because it’s deeply rooted in our values of do good, be good and make good. It has been since 1848. Our culture is driven by our values, by our purpose.
Our mission is keeping our promises.
Our vision is to bring peace of mind to everyone we touch.
Our culture is something we take very seriously, because when a company has a purpose-driven culture, those who work there know why they do. That’s why we proudly call ourselves Do Gooders.
We even developed twelve Servant Leadership Tenets based on our mission, vision and values. These tenets act as guideposts to the work we do every day.
- We inspire others to do their best and be their best selves.
- We seize the opportunity to provide timely, constructive coaching when the situation arises.
- We demonstrate respect for others.
- We say what we mean.
- We empower others to make good decisions.
- We respectfully disagree with others without fear of consequences.
- We value an inclusive, diverse culture.
- We invite debate on business issues and encourage others to speak their minds.
- We hold each other accountable.
- We consistently deliver high quality service.
- We are committed to making National Life Group a better place to work.
- We model our servant leadership values.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We support a culture that incorporates diverse community perspectives into everyday work. We seek to understand differences, listen to and value the views of others, and celebrate our authentic selves.